Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
342 Views, 5 Replies

EVGA GTX 590 3GB!!

hi guys..
what do you think about this new video card GTX590 3GB
The model Classified HYDRO COPPER, only takes adventages if you use refrigeration liquid? or it have other features that makes better in compare to Classified version??
and other question.... its the best video card to use with iray ??? 3gb is enough to use iray in complicate scenes?? iray recognizes the 3gb? i say it because gtx590 have 2 cores...maybe iray recognizes only one core
thanks..
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

i compare EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Superclocked 1.5gb version with EVGA GeForce GTX 590 3gb Classified
and gtx580 have more speed in ram and gpu..
the question is, iray takes in consideration this features for best performance or only the quantity of cuda cores?????
thanks
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

sweclokers.com said:
The supplied Geforce Drivers 267.52 for Geforce GTX 590 will not stop the card from overheating when overclocking. Please use newer versions from the Nvidia website and stay away from 267.52. Otherwise this may happen …

soooooooooo..... wait a moment if you want to overclock..
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

bad news guys.. iray doesnt take in count the sli mode that comes with this model...
so it doesnt use the 3gb memory
gtx580 1.5gb overclocked is even the best option price/performance in this moment...
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

U should consider this card:

http://www.gainward.com/main/vgapro.php?id=454

I use one of these, and it's for sure full 3GB of VRAM for GPU.

So it's the best solution for rendering complex scenes with iRay from the "gaming cards" market.

But you have to take into account that this card is more than 2 slots thick .
Message 6 of 6
dongray

"U should consider this card:

http://www.gainward.com/main/vgapro.php?id=454"

I would have bought the card last week but found no link to actually purchase it so I went with the 580 1.5 GB.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report