Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring 3ds Max for best performance

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
goudy757
319 Views, 0 Replies

Configuring 3ds Max for best performance

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding 3ds Max and ways to achieve the best performance.

My first question is, does 3ds Max utilize just the GPU and HDD for animation rendering? My thought process was to add a second HDD to the PC so that 3ds Max could render to that drive instead of the system drive that holds Windows. As far as a GPU, our Animator uses an nVidia Quadro K5000 4GB card, so for the GPU I believe we are fine.

I ask this question mainly because the Animator says that the PC runs "slow" while animating. With that said I haven't had the time to look at the CPU utilization to determine if that was being taxed, but for reference the CPU is an Six-core Intel Xeon @ 3.2GHz with 12MB of cache. The PC also has 16GB of 1600Mhz DDR3 ECC RAM.

Am I in the right mindset for thinking that another HDD would resolve these issues? Or am I missing something? Also if anyone can point me to materials so I can learn more about rendering from a IT personnels standpoint, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report