Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
180 Views, 2 Replies

Compatibility Question

Hi,

I'm new around here so please let me know if this isn't the right place to ask this.

Here is my situation:

I'm a student in 3D for videogames here in Montreal and I have a project to complete for december 30th, however I'm going to France during this time to visit my family over the holidays. I still need to work over there though and I want to buy a student license for 3ds max that I can use over there. Before I do this though I was hoping someone could tell me if max would run on the rig my family has over there. The rig is a Compaq Presario V5000 laptop bought in 2005 with the following specs:

AMD Turion 64 processor
ATI Radeon XPress200M 128MB
1 GB (maybe) of RAM (no one over there can figure out how much, computer illiterate... I know a RAM upgrade was made, don't how much though)

Attached is the most complete spec sheet I found (pdf)

If anyone is using a similar setup I would really appreciate them letting me know if 2010 runs on it or if it might be possible to purchase an older version of max that could run on it and which one would work.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

PFX

fs_v5000.pdf

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

Max 2010 System Requirements

On the licensing issue I'm not sure. There are limitations on where you can use it based on where you buy it - you can't buy a license in the US and use it in Europe, at least as I understand it. I assume that applies to the student license also. Maybe contact Autodesk directly - there's a phone number on this page.

Actually a better place for this would have been the Installation-Hardware-OS forum which also covers licensing issues. I can move the thread there if you wish? (don't create a duplicate thread instead, that would break the rules ;) ).

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Thanks a lot for the info and quick reply!

If you could move the thread, actually, that would be great. In case someone else has any thoughts.

Cheers,

PFX

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report