Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
117 Views, 3 Replies

Best computer for Max?

For 3ds max 2008, which is the best computer pc (laptop) for rendering and visualization? (ram, processor, graphics card)
i ´m considering aplle macs too, however at this they are not supported... when will 3ds max work on intel based macs

Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

thats all up to autodesk
some people can get it to work perfectly on a mac
how much are you willing to spend?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

(in the first place thanks for your comment)

well, here in europe up to 1800 euros, which would be the price for the mac book pro,

the thing is neither autocad or max are supported, since macs are known to be so stable howcome autodesk doesnt launch these softwares for macs... the only reason maya works is because its original alias version already had a mac version, otherwise i suppose maya wouldnt work for macs too...

i ve heard you can now install windows on macs, but it seems a bit of a contradiction...
i ve lost faith in pcs, these days all parts come from different manufacturers, i ve seen state of the art pcs crash due to all these hardware mixes, so can you get a stable pc?

if not i d really change to macs...
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I'm using a Macbook Pro right now and as long as you partition your hard drive with bootcamp and install windows it works fine. Spend the extra money and get 4 GB of RAM though. Makes all the difference in the world. That being said, my Macbook Pro doesn't compare to my desktop. I have the luxury of being able to keep a desktop pc in my studio at school and the Dell XPS 720 blows the doors off of anything else on the market for the price.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report