Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backburner Manager: Buffer Overrun Detected!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
james.ward.3
1132 Views, 3 Replies

Backburner Manager: Buffer Overrun Detected!

I have not been able to run backbuner on any of the machines in my office. Everytime I run Backburner Manager I get an error from the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library,  stating:

Buffer overrun detected!

Program:...am Files (x86)\Autodesk\Backburner\manager.exe

A Buffer overrunn as been detected which has corrupter the program's internal state. The program cannon safely continue execution and must now be terminated. 

This is an exceedingly frustrating issue, as it does not allow the program to work. I have tried reinstalling my Autodesk Suite, as well as turning off my firewall, checking for all updates for Vray, Max, and my graphics cards. This has been a consistent issue across two brand new, and highly capable rendering machines. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
VishnuR
in reply to: james.ward.3

Hello, a user reported to me that turning off ipv6 in his network connection properties resolved this issue.
Hope that helps you to.
Regards

VR

Vishnu Ramdass
Message 3 of 4
ale.chevrier
in reply to: VishnuR

Since Today I've got the same Problem, I try to turning off the Ipv6 but it don't fix the problem, I also try to Repaire and remove Backburner but it don't fix the problem. How to fix it ?

Using 3Dsmax 2013

Message 4 of 4
VishnuR
in reply to: ale.chevrier

Might be due to corrupt installation of Microsoft Visual C++. ( If you are getting the Microsoft Visual C++ error also ).
So you may want to consider reinstall of that, or at least verify a Windows Update was recently done.
Apply that to small group of computers ( render slaves, manager, 3ds Max workstation ) as a test.

Ale, you mention above: "Since Today I've got the same Problem"
If it was working before, has anything changed on the problem computer?
By that I mean installs of new software, updates to OS or other software?

Are you using any 3rd party plugins ? Were any updates done to those plugins?

Vishnu Ramdass

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report