Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Maya 2014 Fedora 19 unmet dependency

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
4156 Views, 7 Replies

Autodesk Maya 2014 Fedora 19 unmet dependency

Output text is bolded for clarifcation.

When I try and run Autodesk Maya 2014 on my Fedora 19 system (vanilla install with akmod catalyst drivers). I get

usr/autodesk/maya2014-x64/bin/maya.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libtiff.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have tried yum install libtiff.so.3, libtiff.so BUT when I try libtiff I get

Loaded plugins: langpacks, refresh-packagekit
Package libtiff-4.0.3-9.fc19.x86_64 already installed and latest version

So apparently I have version 4 but I need version 3? Is there a way I can install libtiff3 and do some type of syslink for Autodesk Maya?

Please Respond: ASAP, I need to work on an assignment due Monday so I need this program (I had Ubuntu running before and it was working great until Autodesk maya randomly stopped working)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Ed_Pina
in reply to: Anonymous

Just add a symlink (as root):

ln -s /usr/lib/libtiff.so.4.3.3 /usr/lib/libtiff.so.3

just make sure the path and name of your installed library is correct.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

So I looked in my /usr/lib folder and found I  only have one actual libtiff file which is called libtiff.so.5.2.0 the other ones have arrow icons on them and are libtiff.so.3 and libtiff.so.5 I tried running  ln -s /usr/lib/libtiff.so.5.2.0 /usr/lib/libtiff.so.3 however maya does not open with the same error. Any other ideas?

Message 4 of 8
vishwa_harsh

hi.

i think you have to make symbolic links like this as "root"

ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtiff.so.4.3.6 /usr/lib/libtiff.so.3

if it comes with an error that "libtiff.so.3" already exists, then you have to delete that file from /usr/lib/libtiff.so.3 before doing symbolic link again.

and make sure which version of libtiff.so.4.3.6 or any other file is there in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtiff.so.#.#.#

good luck.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Apparently I dont have a /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ folder. I ended up finishing my project at a friends house regardless. Thanks for the help, I would still like to get this resolved however.

Message 6 of 8
Ed_Pina

It should be in /usr/lib64/. Find the package in rpm manager (or yast?) and see where it is installed.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

You sir are a life saver. I completely forgot Fedora comes with a GUI package manager (PackageKit which is just called Software on GNOME 3.8....I come from Ubuntu). It turns out you have to do ln -s /usr/lib64/libtiff.so.5.2.0 /usr/lib64/libtiff.so.3   and also libtiff.so.5.2.0 is actually the same version as 4.0.3 (why its renamed beats me). Now I have another depdency error libfam.so.0   I get the gyst of what to do already so I will be on my own unless I really cant do anything, Thanks!

SOLUTION

Make you sure you have the base dependencies installed and then install libtiff and libfame. Then just issue the commands one by one in a terminal to create a system link from libtiff.so.5.2.0 to libtiff.so.3 (its basically a redirect shortcut I think). If you get something saying libtiff.so.3 or libfam.so.0 already exists just remove it and then re run the command.

ln -s /usr/lib64/libtiff.so.5.2.0 /usr/lib64/libtiff.so.3

ln -s /usr/lib64/libfame-0.9.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib64/libfam.so.0

Note: No the above is not a typ-o. Maya for some reason reads the package as libfam but Fedora (version 19 at least as this is the only one ive treid) has the package as libfame. If these commands do not work simply look in your /usr/lib64 and see what version of libtiff or libfame is installed and just replace the text with that version (the way to know which version you have is by the icon, if the icon does not have a shortcut on it then that is the correct one).

Message 8 of 8
vishwa_harsh

you need to linkup your /usr/lib libtiff file with your /usr/autodesk
libtiff to make it work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report