Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attribute Editor problem

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
3368 Views, 11 Replies

Attribute Editor problem

I got this error when opening the maya 2013

Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2013/scripts/others/updateAE.mel line 504: Cannot find procedure "AEsetDisplayToEmpty".

I re installed it twice but it still persisting.
The attribute editor does not display the attributes, it is all blank when I select any object.
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anifex09
in reply to: Anonymous

try deleting the preference window found in your documents folder. Once you are prompted to use default setting or copy your old settings chose default settings.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

Any update on this? I'm having the same problem. Re-install and deleting prefs does not fix. Only thing I can think of is that somehow some scripts associated with the AE aren't being installed? :S
Message 4 of 12
mcclels

Do either of you happen to have Turtle installed as well or just 2013 by itself?
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: mcclels

I do have turtle installed. Could that be what's causing it?
Message 6 of 12
mcclels

Yeah grab the attached zip file and you'll need to place the script in your Turtle scripts directory (overwrite the old one). Make sure it's inside your Turtle scripts directory and not your Maya scripts directory btw.

showeditor.mel.zip

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Hey, that's fixed it. Thanks a bunch!
Message 8 of 12
stumanchu

Thank You so much! You are a genius!...My cat also thanks you as well because he has to listen to the mutterings when Maya and I go through hard times! I hope you get a raise and a pat on the back because this could be an issue with others down the line. I honestly would not have a clue that this was the issue. I'm on a Mac so there isn't an actual folder dedicated to turtle so I just put it in the same place as the other one and did an overwrite and it now works great! Thanks again!
Message 9 of 12
davetheman54

Does this work on Mac? I am getting a similar error, but mine says AEsetDisplayToNodes. Everything else is the same in the error that paradigm3d says above.
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Hi, i'm getting the same error, but i don't have installed turtle, and neither the file, or deleting the preferences, or the hotfix, fixes the problem! can someone help me? thanks
Message 11 of 12
RichSlugo

I'm having the same issue, and have Turtle installed as well. However, I'm not sure where the directory is to replace the file.
Message 12 of 12
santec

I had troubles finding the Turtle plugin script path so thought I would share where it was located:

Win:
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MayaPlugIn2013\scripts

Mac:
/Users/Shared/Autodesk/maya/2013/scripts

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report