Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3dsmax floating license lic file location

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
chaas
3947 Views, 2 Replies

3dsmax floating license lic file location

Hi,

We have a few 3dsmax floating licenses at our company. Everytime a new windows user account is created on a workstation, the new user have to specify the name or IP of our license server. I would like to avoid this. With all the other software tools in our company I have a *.lic file which I can copy to a special location on other computers and the software is running without any new user questions (for example the nuke.lic). I would like to know where 3dsmax saves the information of the license server name and where I can find this file. 

Thank you and best regards

chris

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: chaas

you can use this system variable

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-specify-license-se...

the licpath.lic file is in the 3ds max install directory

for example the default location is here: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2XXX

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
chaas
in reply to: DarrenP

Thank you, I found no licpath.lic file, but the System variable solved the Problem !! I can distribute this with some GPO in Windows Server. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report