Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds max 2015 viewport settings.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1780 Views, 3 Replies

3ds max 2015 viewport settings.

Hi

Like the new max, specially the outliner!

Having a bit of trouble with a not too heavy scene that seems to jump to wireframe on edits and sometimes dissapears totally. I have a nvidia gts 250 card and have been looking to see if it is dx11 compatible and so far it looks like the card can handle dx11 but without the extra features. I have adaptive degredation off so maybe there is a setting I am missing. Would be a shame to exit nitrous as I like that very much. Didnt have this problem with 2014 but as my comp gets older this may become an issue forcing me to update my card. Any ideas welcome.

Cheerio

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't see a gts260 on Wikipedia but as all such 200 series cards are now seriously old a new one woud certainly help.
In the meantime, use Shaded mode rather than Realistic, if you're still at the modeling stage remove any Materials (store them in a Library for later use if necessary), hide everything you don't need at the time, turn off shadows and such features, use the Default lights. Anything which will help viewport performance.
You could also try the Nitrous Direct3D9 driver - it may be that bit quicker (but will likely have less features).

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Ok just for anyone else with similar issues, I just installed sp1 and the problem seems to have gone away! I forgot the most basic step.
Cheerio
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Thanks Steve.

Yup I have a feeling the card is on it's last legs like you say. After installing the sp1 the problem has stopped. None the less I feel soon will be time to go for a new setup. Thanks also for the tips on optimizing the viewport. I wasnt aware that nitrous has a D9 driver! Very handy.

I am pretty impressed with 2015 so far.

Cheerio

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report