Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max Installation Error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
432 Views, 5 Replies

3ds Max Installation Error

I'm a student in college and I needed 3ds Max so I went to the Education section and got validated as a student. I selected 3ds Max 2012, the language, and my operating system and downloaded it to my computer. When I ran the installer, it got through the first step but then a the set-up window popped up to complete the install, but I got an error message. A picture of the error message is attached on this post. I tried to re-install and set-up numerous times but only to get the same error. I've looked on the internet and on forums to try to find the problem I'm having but I can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

That's not an error message - it's the CER (Customer Error Report) which will pop-up allowing you to send the error report directly to Autodesk. Sadly, without an actual error message it will be difficult, if not impossible, to help you.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I'm having the same problem. Tried several times. No luck. What I'm doing right now is donwlaoding the Service Pack 1.

Might be worth giving it a try. I believe all the files were downloaded on my computer. But there's a glitch, somwhere.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Didn't work, in terms of getting the program completely installed. But it is there for when I finally do. 🙂

I'm on my fourth try at installing it. I'm going to keep at it. This is great software. (Been watching some videos on YouTube about it. Can't wait to get started). 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Yeah that's exactly like me. I'll let you know if I find out any more info about solutions/fixes for it.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report