Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2014 Viewport Display Issues

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jcox
9885 Views, 5 Replies

3ds Max 2014 Viewport Display Issues

When viewport is in wireframe mode, after selecting an object, camera or light, everything switches to bounding boxes then switches back to wireframe. When I drag-move an object everything switches to bounding box. This didnt happen in 2013. I had a Quadro FX 4800 with latest drivers. I just installed a Quadro K2000, I still have the same problem. We have 3 other computer with FX4800 and they all have the same problem. It makes it hard to select objects or move objects to another place. I have attached screen captures of this problem.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: jcox

that adaptive degration

try turning it off

3dsmax2014.png

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
halamatko

did you try selecting all objects and turning of backface culling in object properties?

Message 4 of 6
bwill828

I googled my slow viewport problem and found this thread.  I see it's old but wanted to see if someone found a solution they might share.

I too have a quadro k2000 2gb with my DELL T5600 office computer and tried using the latest 332.76 Quardo drivers and I'm seeing horrible viewport perfomance in both 2014 3ds Max & 2014 Revit.  I stair stepped all the way down to version 331.82 to get a little boost in performance but still not acceptable.

My home computer has an Nvidia GTX 660Ti 3gb card with 334.89 Geforce drivers and its performance is way better, I thought a Quadro workstation card even though a 1gb less of ram would outperform a desktop card in these applications.

To note, I tried the adaptive degradation toggle - no help, unchecking back face cull on all objects - no help.  Any other advice would be appreciated!

Message 5 of 6
mg
Enthusiast
in reply to: bwill828

We have been experiencing the same issue on our Dell T5600 and 7600 workstations here with Max 2014-15 on a variety of Nvidia cards and drivers.  After some serious testing we discovered a couple of bios settings that seem to make a difference.  The most effective was to disable something called "C States" under the Performance section in the bios.  For some reason this negates most of the lag when using Backface Culling in Max, although it is still there.  

The other thing I have discovered that seems to get rid of the lag completely is to set your Nitrous Driver to use DirectX 9 mode and not DX11.  I'm not talking about using the "Legacy Direct3d" mode, rather "Nitrous Direct3D 9".  I'm not sure what feature you lose other than viewport AA, but it is way smoother with Backface Culling enabled.

Message 6 of 6
amir777
in reply to: DarrenP

Thank you very much

it is very much helpfull

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report