Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2014, Mac OS X and Windows 8.1 - Fonts are to small

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
be.hummel
4059 Views, 3 Replies

3ds Max 2014, Mac OS X and Windows 8.1 - Fonts are to small

Hi, 

recently I installed 3ds Max 2014 (Education License) on my Mac Book Pro Retina (Mac OS X) with Paralells and Windows 8.1 (I think it is only the Preview 8.1 Version). 
After successfull installation, the palettes and toolbars right and down are with very small fonts. So it is very difficult to see some options etc. 
I have to say I want to learn 3ds Max in next time, so I'm a really beginner.. I saw some tutorials and there it looks quite different ..  

I've tried to increase the font size with windows options like "Optimize Visual Display and Fonts" with this support site but it solved not my problem: http://docs.autodesk.com/3DSMAX/16/ENU/3ds-Max-Help/index.html?url=files/GUID-0CAA47B5-6FDA-4402-8E3... . Also there is only Windows XP through Windows 7, and not Windows 8.1 or 8. 

Is it just the problem with Windows 8.1 or can i fix the problem with 3ds Max options?

I hope you can help me as soon as possible and thanks for help in advance! :smileyhappy: 

Greetings from Berlin 

original.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
darawork
in reply to: be.hummel

Here's a tip to change fonts in Windows 8.1: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/make-text-screen-larger-smaller/?v=t

Have you tried that?

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 3 of 4
knmdk
in reply to: be.hummel

You're not alone with this issue. Here's my post about small fonts and other UI flaws of 3ds Max 2015. Also this corresponds not only to Windows 8/8.1 but to latest Windows 7 SP1 as well.

Message 4 of 4
be.hummel
in reply to: darawork

Yes I've already tried, but it does not change the look of the menus and toolbars. But thanks for the help:)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report