Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2012 installation problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
406 Views, 2 Replies

3ds Max 2012 installation problem

A while back I upgraded from 3ds Max 2011 ro 2012, however ran into problemts installing it. So I then installed 2013 successfully, however ran into further problems within the software itself, and such re-downloaded 2012 only to run into the same problem as before.

I download the Windows installed package, which completes and brings me to the 3ds Max setup wizard. It is here where I run into a problem. (See attached image). As you can see, after I clicked install, (which is greyed out now), it installed Composite, and that is it. I can go to the program files, and under the autodesk folder I can see composite as it should be, but no 3ds Max folder, because it is not installed. Yet it says in the wizard that it did. So it installed the sub-components, (I'm not sure if the others installed besides composite), but not the main file. Does it THINK that it IS installed for some reason?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @joeyevans21,

Try using the Microsoft Fix It utility to remove any remaining files that would make the installer detect that the software is already installed. Check out this Autodesk Solution for more information:

Product is incorrectly listed as installed 

Best Regards,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 3 of 3
darawork
in reply to: Anonymous

IObit uninstaller is quite good at getting rid of sticky installations: http://www.iobit.com/advanceduninstaller.html

It's pretty safe, reliable and free. Use the Forced uninstall feature, which will scan for remnants once the main uninstallation finishes.

Dont forget to get rid of the C:\Users\[yourname]\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax****\ folders too, just in case it doesn't find them.

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report