Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max 2013 won't run, instead prompts to reinstall

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
yolan89
398 Views, 2 Replies

3DS Max 2013 won't run, instead prompts to reinstall

hey there,

I've been trying to fix this problem for days and have not figured out how or why its happening. the error is "the program can't start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

A google search suggested maybe my DirectX was out of date but my computer says I have DirectX11 installed. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I might go about fixing this? It would be really good if I could use this program on my laptop as I need it for class. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
darawork
in reply to: yolan89

There is a fair amount of info online about this error alright: http://bit.ly/1pzHBUH

At the risk of provoiding a simplistic solution; have you tried uninstalling all mention of DirectX via the add/remove programs routine, and reinstalling the latest version. Perhaps running CCleaners Registry Cleaner after uninstalling stuff, and then restarting the PC before installing the latest DirectX package.

Hopefully you can find a solution.

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 3 of 3
yolan89
in reply to: yolan89

Thankyou! That fixed that issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report