Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
360 Views, 2 Replies

3D Max 2015 graphics

Hi all, I appologise if this topic has been raised before. I recently upgraded from 2012 to 2015 this year, and upgraded my Vray from 20 to 3.0 as well. Although I had no problem with the previous versions, going onto subscription meant upgrading and it seemed all well and good. 

I have noticed that when using the new versions navigating and orbiting in either wireframe or shaded mode in the viewports, my objects temporarily surrounded by black line boxes and the motion is a bit sticky.

my first thought is that my graphics aren't so great anymore. I havent upgraded any hardware, as my pc is quite powerful, but a problem lkke this makes me question this. I am using a 2x 6-core Intel Xeon CPU with 64 GB RAM and an ATI Radeon HD 5700 GPU.

Can anyone give me some advise on this or has experienced something similar?

- SJ

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534
Fill in the details and see if it finds your card. If it doesn't then you may be looking at upgrading your graphics. Also make sure your drivers are up to date.

System Requirements do change from version to version, and you jumped over 2 versions so the requirements will have increased substantially.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 3

Thank you for posting the link and information about possible system requirement changes.  Best Regards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report