Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 State Sets installer

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
dennisqdw
724 Views, 8 Replies

2015 State Sets installer

According to the readme file for installing max 2015: "

• An updated version of the State Sets installer is available on the 3ds Max 2015 Support Download page. This update has fixed several important defects."

I can't seem to find this at: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max which is what I assume they're referring to. Anyone know where it's at? thanx --ds

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
darawork
in reply to: dennisqdw

Hi,

I can't find it either. Hopefully it was incorporated into the most current Browser Download / Install of 3DS Max.

I am currently running Max Design 2015 v17.0 Commercial.

Can you see your version? Menu -> Help -> Autodesk Product Information -> About 3DS Max (Design, in my case).

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 3 of 9
dennisqdw
in reply to: darawork

Thanx for the response, at least I'm not the only one ;-). I have 3ds max 17.0, which I actually installed from a dvd (I don't have a fast enough internet connection). 

Doesn't anyone from Autodesk read these at all? This seems like such a trivial problem (unlike my other recent post which is being completely ignored).

Message 4 of 9
darawork

It's fairly much each to his/her own around here, unless your installation causes WWIII to break out by accident.

Nah, it's getting better.. there are a few adsk people on hand for critical questions, and if you're on subscription you can pretty much be sure of a reply. It may not fix the problem but they are trying to help. And over the last while there was a fair bit of adsk presence around here. Although with the amount of bug reports I've submitted I'd imagine they are probably too busy to reply to every thread.

I'll take a look at your other question tomorrow.

Don't be afraid to search the boards and google too, that's where I usually find most answers to questions that might have already been asked.

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 5 of 9
dennisqdw

Thanx for the reply. I always do internet searches before posting questions (I hate to be told that the answer is already posted somewhere ;-)). But this particular question (aside from my inability to find a response elsewhere) seems so uniquely easily solvable, that I'm surprised. Am I the only person who actually reads those readme files that come with software installations? How can it be that no one else wants to have the most updated State Sets? I personally love State Sets in spite of the occasional problems.

But I am on subscription so perhaps I ought to "escalate" this. 

--ds

Message 6 of 9
darawork

I've found the sub helpline to be alright myself. They try. You get 360 space for storage too, works out well.

I'd say if I were in the situation you're in, I'd check out the scenestate .dll or whatever it's called, and it's location. Then check it's filesize and revision date, afterwards post it up or compare with a friend who may have done the internet installation.

If they differ, well then we may have a problem Huston.

But if Scenestates is the same revision and still working in some regard, in a capacity in which perhaps you're already accustomed to, disregarding 2014s recent instability.

Good luck.

Darawork
AutoDesk User

Message 7 of 9
darawork

Go on, give me a couple of Kudos, I have a family to feed. 😞

Darawork
AutoDesk User

Message 8 of 9
dennisqdw

Sorry about the "kudos" thing. I'm kind of new to that.

I've contacted subscription support, and when (if) I get a response I'll post it here for the one or two others who care 😉

--ds

Message 9 of 9
dennisqdw

Just to let everyone know. This has been included in the SP1 which is now available. --ds

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report