Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 MR batch render "freezing" on OSX Mavericks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jmeltzer
1768 Views, 4 Replies

2014 MR batch render "freezing" on OSX Mavericks

So I made the mistake up " upgrading" to mavericks. Now MR Batch render sometimes freezes. It could be after a few frames, it could be after several hundred frames, it could never freeze. When I say freeze I mean it may stick at 35% on a frame and just stop processsing. SP3 for 2014. Latest Mavericks update. I have all of the power saving features turned to never, screen saver is set to never...in an attempt to let the machine just focus on the bacth render. Clearing cache and reboot seems to help ..a little.  iMac 2.5 i5. 12 gb ram. I have seen a lot of posts on 2013 and MR batch render crashing, but nothing on 2014. Maybe my google skills are not working today?

Anyone else having a similar problem? It's frustrating.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jmeltzer

hi there,  

i am having 'similar' issues.  i am trying to test the new Maya 2014 on the newest macbook pro to see if i will be able to use this for our current work set up with files created from a much older version of maya.  everything else seems to be going well (except for our older textures)- but i can not batch render _at all_.  the progress line shows percentages as if the computer thinks it is rendering the frames, but nothing is calculating.  it happens intstantly and spits out white frames.  (i see that the last version of this laptop is a qualified machine for maya on the hardware reqs list, but nothing is listed there so far for the newest... i was assuming it should be fine- same graphics card, etc.)  

i am on the trial, though- is the batch rendering function not allowed in the trial version?  or is this an issue with maya 2014 and the latest mac OS?  i am having a hard time finding answers as well.  i have read the posts with problems on 2013 as well, but i can't find if anyone was able to help.  

are there enough of us out there having problems or questions with the newest version of maya on macs?  can someone offer any advice for us?  this is for my work and i need to know fairly quickly if i need to find another solution.   happy new year all...

thank you in advance!  

Message 3 of 5
warnold1

Have you submitted a bug report with a scene file that reproduces the issue ? Is it all scenes or something specific in the scene ?
For freezing when a CER dialog is not presented, please use Apple's Activity Monitor to see what the Maya process is doing, save the report and attach to the bug report

Wayne Arnold

Developer

Message 4 of 5
vfxrtist

I am having issues with Batch Render in Maya 2014 SP3 on Mavericks as well. I was rendering out a particle simulation, a simple one (one particle emitter and 4 fields, running for 89 frames) using Maya Software Render. My issue was much greater than Batch freezing, it crashed my system and forced a restart. The first time this happened was after 10 frames, the second time was after 2 frames and the third was after 5 frames. I fully deleted my version of Maya including the PIT files, reinstalled and still had the major crash. I ended up reinstalling Maya 2013, not sure if that will be any better, but I had more stability with that build in Mavericks than I do with 2014.

Any additional insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 5 of 5
jmeltzer

I opened a ticket with support and all they did was give me a link to the system requirement pages. Not helpful at all. My iMac has the Radeon gpu so fair enough for 2015. However I have the same issue with 2013 & 2014.  I am not seeing anything else on the forums about this issue. I asked support if they wanted any log or crash reports. Waiting to hear back but I'm guessing they will just give me some generic answer. Frustrating as hell to try and use a product that keeps failing and not getting any answers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report