Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
244 Views, 3 Replies

20" vs 21.5" monitor

I am just stuck between these two monitor sizes. I am not a professional, just learning Maya. I wanna go for a 20" one as I don't like big size monitors but want to know which one would be better to work on Maya (2011).

Any help appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
n8skow
in reply to: Anonymous

Define "better"...

More real-estate for Maya is nice - but without knowing the specs of the monitors in question - hard to offer much of a comparison.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I have now an 18" monitor (maybe 19", I don't know) and am confined to limited workspace as I cannot see all the icons. Secondly, experts say that more the resolution better the image quality. So, these are the only thoughts I can think of in terms of the definition 'better'. However, I would also welcome any advice anyone may have, why - for instance - using the bigger one would be more preferable or they're both almost the same, etc, etc.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I currently use 2 - 24" monitors, and to be honest, I wish I had gone for a 27" for my main monitor. The second monitor is very handy for putting menus and other windows on. I find for myself that more screen real estate makes everything easier, but that is personal preference. I don't think that there would be much difference between a 20" and a 21.5", so I would go with which ever one is higher quality.

Martin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report