Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

publish map server on the internet

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
verayunita8
919 Views, 13 Replies

publish map server on the internet

Dear All,

I want to publish mapserver on the internet not intranet.. how do that???

Please your response, ASAP ..

Thanks before

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
gluckett
in reply to: verayunita8

You will need to install Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server on a computer (server) that is explosed to the internet. 

If you don't have a server that is, you can use something like Amazone Web Services (http://aws.amazon.com/) or 

Windows Azure (http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/manage/windows/tutorials/virtual-machine-from-gallery/)

Once you have a public place that has an IP that the world can see, you can view your maps with AIMS.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: gluckett

Hello,

I know this is an old post but I am questioning my procedure since I did exactly what described by Gluckett and cannot see my map.

I have it working in a computer and forwarded the requests for 8008 to this computer. The router forward feature was tested and it is working. I tried to disable all firewalls from the computer and and router and the request always times out. Any ideas?

Thanks.

J.

Message 4 of 14
gluckett

Can you post the URL so we can try your site?
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi , I've just realized that I cannot just copy the link to the post and change the "localhost" to the IP adress. It is still pointing to localhost:

So here is the real link:

http://174.4.51.129:8008/mapserver2016/fusion/templates/mapguide/slate/index.html?ApplicationDefinit...

Thanks.

Jair

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

Weird.

I've changed the forwarded computer and the link worked. It is a Windows 7 computer and the previous one is a Windows 10.  Could this be the reason?

Jair

Message 8 of 14
gluckett

Yes a "real server" such as Windows Server 2008 or 2012 would not be such a problem.

Windows 10 is not supported as a server class machine anyway...
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous

Thank you.

I would like to publish the map in a Windows Server 2012. Could you please briefly provide me the steps to do that? I know that AIMS must be running in the server, but what files do I have to copy to the server and what folder they should be copied to. I'll be using Apache. I am asking because it seems that I can't install the Studio since there is no graphic card in the server. In addition, I don't want to develop the maps in the server itself.

Jair

Message 10 of 14
gluckett

First you need to install AIMS Server and Web Server Extensions.

If you want to use Apache, and MS IIS is not already installed on the Server, why not enter port 80 in the install so you don't have to worry about opening ports up other than 80?

Once installed (and licensed of course) you can copy what you have done on the old server by creating a Package (*.mgp).

AIMS2016-PACKAGE.png

After you create it on the old server, you can copy it to the new server and LOAD it using the web based administrator:

http://myservername/mapserver2016/mapadmin/login.php

From then on, you connect directly to the new server with Studio on your Desktop.

gordon

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

Thank you.

What if I am using a database? Do I still have to create the package.

I have Apache TomCat in the server listening por 8080 for another application. Can I use this instance to listen pot 80 too, and use it for AIMS?

Jair

Message 12 of 14
gluckett

The package contains:

1. Load Procedures

2. Data Connections

3. Layer Definitions

4. Map Definitions

5. Layouts

6. Symbols

So you definitely need to create a package to re-produce what you did on your old server.  You don't need to create packages if you are starting from scratch.

You new server needs to have access to your database however...(firewall?)

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

Great.

Just to make it clear. If I have in the "new" server the exactly same database as in the "development" server, all I have to do is to create the package and load it in the new server?

Jair

Message 14 of 14
gluckett

Yes, as long as both servers can see the database (hopefully its on a 3rd server).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report