Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kinds of authentication!!!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
509 Views, 6 Replies

kinds of authentication!!!

Hello all;
I am trying to control the access to my webSite.
What are the different kinds of authentication available for mapguide?
I am using the postgis database as feature source, and the apcahe/ tomcat as server.

regards.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
everling
in reply to: Anonymous

I am still not familiar with MapGuide Enterprise, but I think that both MapGuide Enterprise and MapGuide 6.5 doesn't provide an authentication mechanism that can be used to control access to your website.

Access control to your website can be done in three ways. HTTP Basic Authentication and HTTP Digest Authentication is supported by most HTTP or web servers. Digest authentication provides additional security over basic authentication. The third alternative is to write your own authentication system, which can be based off any authentication system in use by most open source software like Drupal, Wordpress or phpBB.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

> I am still not familiar with MapGuide Enterprise, but I think that both MapGuide Enterprise and MapGuide 6.5 doesn't provide an authentication mechanism that can be used to control access to your website.
>
> Access control to your website can be done in three ways. HTTP Basic Authentication and HTTP Digest Authentication is supported by most HTTP or web servers. Digest authentication provides additional security over basic authentication. The third alternative is to write your own authentication system, which can be based off any authentication system in use by most open source software like Drupal, Wordpress or phpBB.

in MapGuide OpenSource you can use "mapadmin"
http://127.0.0.1:8008/mapguide/mapadmin/login.php

to manage user - then in studiu you can add/remove this user to the map.

that is simle.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

But users are not promted to be identified when they access the map site!!!

How could I make them promted?
NB: I am using java/jsp as prgramming language.
Message 5 of 7
everling

You have to make the users login to your system before you show them the map.

The basic flow would be:
User requests login page -> Check user name and password -> Allow or deny access to map page -> If allow, redirect to map page, otherwise redirect to login page.

If the user tried to skip the login check:
User requests map page -> Check if there was a good session cookie from the user's browser -> If there wasn't, redirect to login page, otherwise allow access to map page.

If you're using MapGuide 6.5, protecting the MWF file from direct access is slightly trickier, but follows the same outline as above.

I still don't know about MapGuide Enterprise.

As for actually doing the above, you need to know how to work with sessions and implementing user authentication. Or get somebody else to do it.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

everling
plz help me.
i am new user of map guide.
i want a very basic information about a "how to create new layer & display it own map?"
i am searching too much related to this but still too much confusion.
i am working on windowserver 2003 enterprise.i installed mapguide opensource exes(mgserversetup 1.2.0 and mgwebserver extensionsetup.exe) and coding in java(jsp, javascript,html etc) and used mapguide studio2008.

plz explain r these softwares are enough or any other are also required . by using mapguide studio i create my map using 3 shp files and can display it on a browser(like http://192.....:8008/mapguide/mapadmin/login.php)
now i want to create a line laer (path for vehicle)
bt i don't know how to connect database( mysql) to mgstudio and display a line on map. can you explain what softwares u r used now and how. also tell me about mapguide author . i unable to download it from net. .plz plz plz plz...................help me Message was edited by: Reshma
Message 7 of 7
everling

Reshma, the software you have installed is normally sufficient to create map layers and the map.

Unfortunately, your problem description isn't enough to explain what you have and what you want to do with "line layer (path for vehicle)". If you want to display roads, train tracks or airplane routes, you only need to add the appropriate spatial source to your library. If you want to display the current position of tracked vehicles and their paths, that would require database integration and more knowledge than I have.

By the way, if you hadn't noticed, your question is out of the topic of this thread. I suggest posting your problem in its own topic with a good title in the MapGuide Enterprise forums, so that others with the experience could help you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report