Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Server 2003 SP2

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
dwool
718 Views, 13 Replies

Windows Server 2003 SP2

Mapguide 6.5 service will not start after installing SP2 on Server 2003 R1. I have checked the DCOM settings and they match another server without SP2.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks,
Dave
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
ironmc43
in reply to: dwool

Here's my post from the other forum:

Re: MG6.5 Server Not Running on Windows 2003 R2 SP1
I actually ran into this yesterday. I am now back up and running. Service pack 2 update the DCOMS and RPC.

You have to change the MapGuide Server Service to use the administrator name and password to connect. Then you have to go into Component Services and add Administrators to the security options on the DCOM Config for:

Launch And Activate
Access Permissions
Configuration Permissions

Now for RPC make sure the RPC is running in Services then you must manually start the RPC(Locator) service. I no longer seems to let mapguide start it automatically.

Hope this helps
Message 3 of 14
dwool

It's still not working. I gave the domain administrator account permissions for the DCOM options and have the same account starting the MapGuide Service. The RPC locator service is set to manual startup, so I started it, then tried to restart MapGuide with no success. I re-booted the server, started the RPC locator service, tried to start MapGuide and it still didn't work.

Thanks for the post, I'll keep working on it.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 11:23:00 -0700, jmcnutt43 wrote:

> Here's my post from the other forum:
>
> Re: MG6.5 Server Not Running on Windows 2003 R2 SP1
> I actually ran into this yesterday. I am now back up and running.
> Service pack 2 update the DCOMS and RPC.
>
> You have to change the MapGuide Server Service to use the administrator
> name and password to connect. Then you have to go into Component
> Services and add Administrators to the security options on the DCOM
> Config for:
>
> Launch And Activate
> Access Permissions
> Configuration Permissions
>
> Now for RPC make sure the RPC is running in Services then you must
> manually start the RPC(Locator) service. I no longer seems to let
> mapguide start it automatically.

Thanks! This does resolve the problem here.

--
James Card
Message 5 of 14
ironmc43

hophead,

Make sure you change the login on the MapGuide Service from use system defualt to your Administrator. You may to set it to LOCALDOMAIN\ADMINISTRATOR or COMPUTERNAME\ADMINISTRATOR
then enter the password.
Message 6 of 14
samorim

Hi

I have this problem and in the DCOM/Config only add an user administrator in the "Launch And Activate", "Access Permissions" and "Configuration Permissions" not was enough. It didn't work. It was necessary add the IIS user too, the user IUSR_.

regards,
Message 7 of 14
TimGIS

Hi All - I am running 2003 Standard Edition SP2 and the service is very flakey. The DCOM location settings are a bit different but I've changed them accordingly. The RPC has started and the MapGuide Service will not start. I've ran the service as administrator and local system.

Sometimes I can get the service to start by playing around with these settings but after a few days or a re-boot it will not start up again.

Is there any other information out there on this problem?
Message 8 of 14
jimmy.yu

Try the new MapGuide build. And this issue is fixed.
Message 9 of 14
TimGIS

Thanks, but I am not sure what you mean by the new mapguide "build"? I am running SP1.
Message 10 of 14
jimmy.yu

I mean MapGuide Server 6.5.6.13, but I'm not sure if the link to download the MG Sp1 is the updated.
Message 11 of 14
twiebe

I am experiencing the same issue, I have MGSP1 installed and made the recommended service/dcom settings, but sometimes MGserver will not start.
If anyone has a silver bullet for this problem, please share it with the rest of us!
Message 12 of 14
TimGIS

We received a formal notice from Autodesk saying that it is a known issue and they are working on resolving it. Hopefully it is soon because we are live on the web with this one.
Message 13 of 14
nimcnaan

Successfully configured MG 6.5 on winserver 2003 RC2 sp2, after having trouble logging from a remote ‘Author Station’.
I did the DCOM configuration as you instructed, for the ‘Everyone User’ after defining the Administrator wasn’t enough.
• Launch And Activate
• Access Permissions
• Configuration Permissions

Thanks jmcnutt43
Message 14 of 14
TimGIS

MapGuide 6.5 SP1a Server component is now available from AutoDesk. We received it since we had a support ticket in with them. It will be availble online soon I suppose.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report