Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will market the new MapGuide Enterprise 2012,

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
cesarbetan
1395 Views, 14 Replies

When will market the new MapGuide Enterprise 2012,

When will market the new MapGuide Enterprise 2012, as well as mobile  Viewer extention

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
gluckett
in reply to: cesarbetan

MapGuide is now renamed Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server 2012 (check out some help here - http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Infr._Map_Server/enu/2012)

When you first run Infrastructure Studio, you will have to log into the site with:

http://localhost/mapserver2012/

username: Administrator

password: admin

I have moved my MGP files over and they seemed fine during the migration, and most of my code seems good after migration from MGE 2011, I just had to tweak where the webconfig was located.

gordon

Message 3 of 15
janechii
in reply to: gluckett

Gordon, we haven't gotten the 2012 yet, how is the mobile extension?

we've been playing around with the native openlayers support to do mobile touch navigation. seems to works quite well as is. so im just wondering what the mobile extension is bringing to the table.

Message 4 of 15
sroussev

Gordon,

System Requirements show: Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 Enterprise R2.  I was wondering if it would work on a Standard Edition.  What is your setup?

Thanks,

Svet

Message 5 of 15
gluckett

Well, I don't think you will have any issues - I am testing on VISTA!

Message 6 of 15
gluckett
in reply to: janechii

The Mobile extension is a lot better than the generic openlayers one because it supports viewing attributes and scrolling though the records.  

Message 7 of 15
gluckett
Message 8 of 15
janechii

very cool demo! thank you!
Message 9 of 15
pg002a
in reply to: janechii

HI

I installed Infrastructure Mapserver 2012, I didnt found any useful information how to use mobile viewer. Can someone give advice how to setup map using Mobile Viewer extension?

Kajar

Message 10 of 15
gluckett

From the install DVD you have to install the TechnologyPreview setup.exe.

Once you have your can view the Mobile part:

http://localhost/mapserver2012/mobileviewer/index.html

parameters:

• map
  • baselayers

for example

?index.html?map=Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Maps/Sheboygan.MapDefinition&baselayers=osm.yahoo

regards

gordon

Message 11 of 15
pg002a

Thanks, its works!

Message 12 of 15
tjmapper
in reply to: pg002a

How in the world do you access this product?

My reseller cant find it and I called AutoDesk and the lady I talked to had never heard of it....

Message 13 of 15
pg002a
in reply to: tjmapper

Strange, not the best reseller Smiley Tongue I think. But I'm working for reseller and there were no problem getting this at all. But in Autodesk website under products, its true,  there is no information about Mapserver 2012, but this must be  out,  I have used this product one month allready.

Message 14 of 15
gluckett
in reply to: tjmapper

I think you can download it through Subscription - wow if your reseller has not heard of it you might want to shop around.

Message 15 of 15
pg002a

Using Mobile Viewer its possible to get My Location in map, but its seems it only using cellular network of wifi network location. Gps location  seems not working with this application. Does anybody got gps location working in Android based system.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report