Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Expression function to use?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
pg002a
540 Views, 2 Replies

What Expression function to use?

HI

I messing around how to create expression filter for address search. I want to create address search for data which come from  database column where are whole address like "Tallinn st 100" st means street.  I dont want to input "st" in search widget, only street and house number like inpu only "Tallinn 100". Does I have to make new "house nr" and "street name"columns in database or it is possible to do it with Studio, like converting text to be without some character(my case without "st"). I read Studio help for expressions but didnt figured out what kind of function to use.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tjmapper
in reply to: pg002a

If your address had the house number first it would make things less complicated because they could just search for "100 Tree" and get back "100 Tree St, 100 Tree Rd, 100 Tree Dr, etc" if you used the expression:

"ADDRESS LIKE '%$USER_VARIABLE%'"

but you can also have the user enter the % into the search and it will do the same. So they could enter "Tallinn % 100" and it should work.

Message 3 of 3
pg002a
in reply to: tjmapper

Adding % character before and after user variable I already know, I just thought that there is other way to do it using some conversion function. I want to create user friendly search function so user dont need to use any %.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report