Infrastructure Map Server Developer

Contributor
satu777
Message 1 of 5 (264 Views)

WebService get address and send back picture

264 Views, 4 Replies
02-20-2009 12:33 AM
I'm really beginner in MapGuide developing. I need a little help, how can I start.

My task is to create a web service which is able to get an address, and send back a map in png format to the receiver.

We have a published map in MapGuide2009 server, with Oracle database. I have to develop in C#, with ASP.NET.
I have a Visual Studio 2008.

I'm able to make ClassLybraryes, which are refer to Topobase.Form.Dll API methods, but these dlls are built in into Topobase Client (Web and Windows too). But I have to make a WebService.

Which DLLs I have to refer in my WebService. Where I can found examples how to start? How can I start? Please help!
Contributor
tejaswi
Message 2 of 5 (264 Views)

Re: WebService get address and send back picture

05-06-2009 02:38 AM in reply to: satu777
hi

What is it that you are trying to do...I am unable to understand.
Are you trying to select a parcel on map to get the details and send the map to the user in print layout. or there is anything else.

regards
teja.
Contributor
satu777
Message 3 of 5 (264 Views)

05-09-2009 12:52 AM in reply to: satu777
Thanks tejaswi, finally I found the right DLL (API), what I have to refer.

(I have to create a web service, which is able to send back raster picture (ex. jpg) to the application. (It is similar to GetMap WMS service. I can't use the Ajax Viewer in my application.)
siva4autodesk
Message 4 of 5 (264 Views)

WebService get address and send back picture

06-17-2009 12:40 AM in reply to: satu777
hi,

this is siva, can you please post the solution what u get
Contributor
satu777
Message 5 of 5 (264 Views)

09-08-2009 02:49 AM in reply to: satu777
Thanks, finally I have found the missing things...

Need to create a reference to the project in Visual Studio:

Topobase.Data (Topobase Api) - C:\Program Files\Autodesk Topobase Client 2009\bin\Topobase.Data.dll
Topobase.Forms (Topobase Forms API) - C:\Program Files\Autodesk Topobase Client 2009\bin\Topobase.Forms.dll
Topobase.Map - C:\Program Files\Autodesk Topobase Client 2009\bin\Topobase.Map.dll
Topobase.Update - C:\Program Files\Autodesk Topobase Client 2009\bin\Topobase.Update.dll

And now everything is working!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community