Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watermark still visible when layer is not visible

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
tony.witham
1015 Views, 6 Replies

Watermark still visible when layer is not visible

I'm using Infrastructure Studio 2013 (v2.4.0.520). I have associated a watermark with a layer definition so as to display a copyright notice. The layer is only set to display within a certain scale range. I want the watermark only to display when the layer itself is displaying. However I find that the watermark is permanently visible - even at scales where the associated layer is not visible.

How do I set the watermark to only be visible in the scale range that the layer is visible?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
gluckett
in reply to: tony.witham

Really this is a bug.
You cannot ever turn off the Watermark regardless if the layer is on or off OR it is not even on at that scale.

Message 3 of 7
tony.witham

Do I need to report this issue as a bug?

Message 4 of 7
gluckett

If the Layer-Based Watermarks remain on regardless if the layer is on or off, that is a bug.  If it is "as designed" it definitely needs to be fixed.

Message 5 of 7
frosty1_4me
in reply to: gluckett

Agreed, the watermarks could be very useful but as they are now the only thing I've found a use for them is branding a map.  Watermarks per layer should be including, otherwise they are pretty useless.

Message 6 of 7
tony.witham
in reply to: frosty1_4me

It is often the case that the data we want to display as a layer in a map is data that is subject to copyright.  To comply with licence conditions we have to display a copyright notice, so we create a watermark for that layer.  If the layer visibility is turned off it is nonsensical and very annoying to have the copyright notice still displayed.  The situation is worse when there are a number of copyright data sets involved (different maps, aerial imagery etc) as the map then displays numerous watermarks - one for each set of copyright data!

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 7
frosty1_4me

Agreed.   It surprises me that this type of usage was overlooked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report