Infrastructure Map Server General

Contributor
tony.witham
Message 1 of 7 (594 Views)

Watermark still visible when layer is not visible

594 Views, 6 Replies
02-27-2013 03:28 AM
I'm using Infrastructure Studio 2013 (v2.4.0.520). I have associated a watermark with a layer definition so as to display a copyright notice. The layer is only set to display within a certain scale range. I want the watermark only to display when the layer itself is displaying. However I find that the watermark is permanently visible - even at scales where the associated layer is not visible.

How do I set the watermark to only be visible in the scale range that the layer is visible?
Valued Mentor
gluckett
Message 2 of 7 (342 Views)

Re: Watermark still visible when layer is not visible

05-22-2013 12:02 PM in reply to: tony.witham
Really this is a bug.
You cannot ever turn off the Watermark regardless if the layer is on or off OR it is not even on at that scale.

Contributor
tony.witham
Message 3 of 7 (338 Views)

05-23-2013 01:22 AM in reply to: tony.witham

Do I need to report this issue as a bug?

Valued Mentor
gluckett
Message 4 of 7 (332 Views)

05-23-2013 06:16 AM in reply to: tony.witham

If the Layer-Based Watermarks remain on regardless if the layer is on or off, that is a bug.  If it is "as designed" it definitely needs to be fixed.

Valued Contributor
frosty1_4me
Message 5 of 7 (29 Views)

07-04-2014 09:40 AM in reply to: gluckett

Agreed, the watermarks could be very useful but as they are now the only thing I've found a use for them is branding a map.  Watermarks per layer should be including, otherwise they are pretty useless.

Contributor
tony.witham
Message 6 of 7 (18 Views)

07-08-2014 02:30 AM in reply to: frosty1_4me

It is often the case that the data we want to display as a layer in a map is data that is subject to copyright.  To comply with licence conditions we have to display a copyright notice, so we create a watermark for that layer.  If the layer visibility is turned off it is nonsensical and very annoying to have the copyright notice still displayed.  The situation is worse when there are a number of copyright data sets involved (different maps, aerial imagery etc) as the map then displays numerous watermarks - one for each set of copyright data!

Valued Contributor
frosty1_4me
Message 7 of 7 (10 Views)

07-08-2014 07:19 AM in reply to: tony.witham

Agreed.   It surprises me that this type of usage was overlooked.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community