Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading IMS from 2012 to 2014 or 2015

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ktamm
349 Views, 1 Reply

Upgrading IMS from 2012 to 2014 or 2015

We are currently running IMS 2012 and will be changing our server so we would like to know if anyone else has done and what was your experience?

Thank you,

Kirk

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
gluckett
in reply to: ktamm

Usually when I upgrade:

1. I back up the serverconfig.ini since it has all my ALIASes in it (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server 2012\Bin\)
  2. I use the http://servername/mapserver2012/mapadmin/  to create PACKAGES to back up -  if you have a lot of LOAD PROCEDURES, you probably have a lot of data in your repositories, so create multiple packages (ie.  \\SAMPLE, \\SHEBOYGAN, \\REDDING, \\GUELPH)
  3. I go through my code and search for anywhere the path has C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Infrastructure Web Server Extension 2013\www\webconfig.ini) and update the path.

Going forward, it would be great if when AIMS was installed it just called the alias something like "mapguide" or "mapserver" rather than "mapserver2012" or "mapserver2015"  since it would make migration much easier.  Actually, I recreate that Virtual Directory in IIS so that it is "mapserver" to make my upgrades go a lot easier.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report