Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trial user on single PC, can't start

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
feraltek
261 Views, 4 Replies

Trial user on single PC, can't start

Hi

I just downloaded and installed the trial version of MapGuide Studio, hoping to test it on a stand-alone PC. It wants me to select a server site, user_id, and password. The instruction in the pdf about Installing & Configuring on Windows doesn't tally with anything I can find on my PC.

Please help. What don't I seem to know.

Windows XP-Pro SP3

Thanks for any clues
Gary
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dswilson
in reply to: feraltek

MapGuide Studio is intended to be used with a MapGuide Server installation, Enterprise or Open Source. You can't use Studio by itself.

Regards,
Dave
Message 3 of 5
feraltek

Dave

Thanks - I figured there must be something missing like that. After downloading the trial version of MapGuide I searched all over the website and can't find anything called Mapguide server to download and install. If it's essential, and the trial version is designed as a package for someone who hasn't yet used MapGuide to try it out, why is it so difficult to find?

Where do I find a copy?

Gary Edited by: feraltek on Jan 9, 2009 9:54 PM
Message 4 of 5
dswilson

You should be able to get the trial version here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/oc/offer/form?siteID=123112&id=10782497&ch=US dotcom&src=ADMR

The main page is here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=6546938

I should have stated MapGuide Enterprise as that is now the name of the server product.

Regards,
Dave
Message 5 of 5
feraltek

Dave

I've already gone thorugh all of that - downloaded the MapGuide Enterprise trial version. Followed the instructions for installation and tried to run it. Gone back through all the pages of the website. I can't find anything to download and install that's called anything like MapGuide Server.

I don't know if you're employed by Autodesk or an end user. Thanks for your input.

Gary

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report