Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theming with no corresponding entries in legend - MGE2011

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
thoman999
523 Views, 3 Replies

Theming with no corresponding entries in legend - MGE2011

Hello,

I'm running MGE 2011 on a Windows 2008 64bit server with IIS7. MG Studio 2011 on XP SP3

Is there an option to theme a particular dataset and then supress generation of the theming within the map legend?

I have the voting precincts layer active for our county and have themed themed it for visual separation rather than numerical/statistical reasons. I don't need the users to spend time wondering what each of the legend subcolors mean because there is no meaning beyond visual.

Thanks in advance

Tom

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jackie.ng
in reply to: thoman999

If I'm reading this correctly, just simply set the themed layer to not be displayed in the legend for your Map Definition

- Jackie

Message 3 of 4
thoman999

Hi Jackie,

The only down side of that is that I still want to have the user able to turn the layer on and off. Removing it from the leged makes that a touch more difficult if I'm understanding you correctly.

I was hoping for a method that went beyond the 'Layer is expanded in legend (if themed)' checkbox to supress theming evidence in the legend tree. A themed layer would appear as an unthemed layer in the legend with no option to expand in the legend.

Thanks

tom

Message 4 of 4
gluckett

Why not put the Themed layer in its own group, and then hide the layer from map? The user can turn off the group but not see the themed layers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report