Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task Pane Searches???

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
emluv
460 Views, 1 Reply

Task Pane Searches???

Hello,

Built-in search commands targeted to the task pane are not zooming to the feature in my Mapguide Enterprise 2011 maps....anyone else having this issue or know if it is a bug? If they are targeted to a new winodw, everything is fine. Please helpSmiley Happy

emluv
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
gluckett
in reply to: emluv

I find when using the Flexible Web Layouts (fusion) and you embed for map layout in an IFRAME or FRAME (which you have to if you want to hide that ugly URL from your users), you will have to tweak the FUSION widgets.

In the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MapGuideEnterprise2011\WebServerExtensions\www\fusion\widgets\ folder

You will have to change the GetParent in some of the widget templ files:

for example, I always put my map layout in an iframe called "iFrameMap".

So in order to get the Search to work I had the change the GetParent() function in the SearchPrompt.templ file (and most of my widgets) I really wish that the Fusion library can find itself using "this" but alas it doesn't.

function GetParent()
{
    if(popup)
        return opener;
    else if(top.top.iFrameMap)
	return top.top.iFrameMap;
    else
        return parent.parent;
}

I had to do this in the SelectWithin, Measure, Print etc widgets.  quite painful i know.  Hopefully this omission can be corrected in the nest version of MapGuide - or at lease a global "GetParent" function we only have to change once to accommodate an iframe or frame (or any other kind of dhtml) 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report