Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sites in MGE Studio

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
spatialnetbrek
224 Views, 3 Replies

Sites in MGE Studio

After installing and testing MGE 2009 components, I'm now moving on to MG Studio.

I thought I recalled that in past versions having to download and import the Sheboygan package so that I had a starting site.

Is this still the case with MGE 2009 and if so where can I find the package OR is there another way to start a "New" site from scratch.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Brek
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: spatialnetbrek

You don't need to use Sheboygan at all.

To start a site from scratch:

In the site explorer on the left hand site create a folder with your site title. Then within that folder add a few more (to keep everything organised) - Data, Layers, Maps, Layouts.

When you load data or connect to a data source, keep the load procedure and data layers in the Data folder, and the layer defintions in the Layers folder, create map layout and web layouts in their folders too. There are a heap of settings/toolbars that are default so it's pretty straight forward and you can customise layouts from there.

To publish the map, you need to save php files on the server in MapGuideEnterprise2009\WebServerExtensions\www (our basic layouts are still sitting in the 'sample' folder) - I think that originally we saved the php from Sheboygan and edited the title and link to the web layout to fit your site.

Good luck!!
Message 3 of 4

Hi Amy,

I have no site and can not get past the Site Authentication screen to get access to the Site Explorer

Brek
Message 4 of 4

I have figured this out:

[servername]/mapguide2009 gets me to the site tree where I can then add folders, load procedures, etc.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report