Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several Map Layout issues

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
swimming123
1390 Views, 2 Replies

Several Map Layout issues

Hi, I use Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server to create several Map Layouts for different customer services. I need all the functions are same. Only the data is different. So I have to custmize saparately for these different Map Layouts. It's kind of duplicated work. Is there a way that I can just customize one layout, then apply to the other map layouts? Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jackie.ng
in reply to: swimming123

Use the MgResourceService API to read out your WebLayout/ApplicationDefinition XML, replace the Map Definition ID within to point to the customer-specific map you are after, save the modified WebLayout/ApplicationDefinition to a session based resource, then redirect to the AJAX/Fusion viewer with this session-based resource id

This way, you have the same application structure, but a different underlying map.

- Jackie

Message 3 of 3
swimming123
in reply to: jackie.ng

Thank you, Jackie. I found most of the data for our different customers shared the same data, just some of layers are different. So can I just create a class: when different customers logged in, only shared data and some of particular data are visible, while the other layers those are not belong to this particular customer will be invisible. That way, I don't need to douplcate these shared data. Thank you for your help.

Allen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report