Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Function on MG Studio?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
matTech
384 Views, 1 Reply

Search Function on MG Studio?

Hello everyone. I'm pretty new to Mapguide but not to GIS and Autocad. I've been using Mapguide Open Source 2.0 and love how well it works. I've even been using Maestro and it's awesome as a free option. The problem I have is that I want to query some of the info in my map and have a zoom to option. I've seen a few mapguide sites that have the option but I can't find it at all. Is this something I could easily do with Mapguide Studio or do I need to program this myself? Any help or direction to follow would help.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: matTech

In MapGuide Enterprise (and I think in MGOS but I don't know about Maestro), you can create a search function on the info - though this is limited to one field by creating a custom search command in the Layout view at the bottom. eg. if you have a field called "NAME" for watercourse centrelines, you can create a custom command to search for the watercourse name, and a list of results will appear and when you click on the one you are after it will zoom to the result.

Use this search filter: fieldname LIKE '$USER_VARIABLE%'

and you will get results similar to what you enter... e.g. if you type "B" you will get all the matches that start with B, not just an exact match.

If you are after a more complicated search you will probably have to code this for yourself.

Hope that helps. You could try the http://mapguide.osgeo.org/ website

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report