Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random "Unable to open the MWF" in IE7

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nclayton
800 Views, 2 Replies

Random "Unable to open the MWF" in IE7

I am having a problem with the MapGuide activeX viewer 6.5 in IE7 that randomly displays the message:
"Unable to open the MWF. Please check that the MWF exists, and is not already open in another application."
The file exists, and usually if I refresh the page then the map is displayed correctly.

If anyone has insight into this problem, the help would be much appreciated as I can't really tell everyone who visits our web site to "just keep refreshing the page until you see a map".

This issue is only with IE7, IE6 works fine.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nclayton
in reply to: nclayton

I've resolved this problem by placing code in a second section at the bottom of the page and using code to dynamically build the viewer object and set the url.
It seems to be an issue with the viewer trying to open the map before the page is loaded. This is only an assumption though and if anyone has thoughts or suggestions on this, I'd like to see it.

Thanks again.

Spoke too soon...this is still a problem. It's occurring a lot less now, but it still rears its ugly head at random intervals. Message was edited by: nclayton
Message 3 of 3
captainzeb
in reply to: nclayton

Hi,

I am receiving the same error message but only on IE7 in my Citrix (W2K3) environment. If I am able to open another map successfully I can then return to the main screen and open the "problematic" map successfully. My Vista/IE7 and W2K/IE6 all work correctly 100% of the time.

Are you able to offer any further advice?

Thanks,
Brent

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report