Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with a known bug that crashes the mapguide2011AppPool

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jordanmarr
454 Views, 1 Reply

Problem with a known bug that crashes the mapguide2011AppPool

I have run into a problem where IE7 crashes the mapguide2011AppPool when trying to do any updates to the map (zoom, pan, etc).

This problem only affects IE7.  IE9 and Chrome are working fine.

Looking in the EventLog, I get an error message that is nearly identical to this known Infr.Map Server Bug (except the version numbers are slightly lower since I am using MG2011):

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/infrastructure-map-server/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sf...

Interestingly, this bug description on the URL above mentions, "You may have noticed that if you start Fiddler on the same computer then no error occurs."  I tested this out and it holds true in my instance as well.  The problem completely disappears while Fiddler is running, but it comes back after I close Fiddler.  It sounds like a clue to resolving this issue for the right person.  Unfortunatley it does not help me at all.  

Is there anywhere I can go to check on any progress made on this bug?

Thanks,

Jordan

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
gluckett
in reply to: jordanmarr

Since IE 7 is so old, (at least 4 versions back), you may have to do a little standing on your head to get the MapGuide/AIMS running with it.

If you have no choice but have to use the ancient version of IE, there is a workaround I have used i the past. "Chrome Frame" -
This basically installs a Chrome plug-in within IE 7 so that the mapguide site thinks you are using Chrome rather than IE 7.

https://developers.google.com/chrome/chrome-frame/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report