Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when combining maps GOOGLE MAPS Bings, and YAHOO MAPS OPEN STREET MAP

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tulio.paz
1819 Views, 5 Replies

Problem when combining maps GOOGLE MAPS Bings, and YAHOO MAPS OPEN STREET MAP

Dear,

By associating external database as Google Earth, Bing Maps, etc., am having problems with the spatial location of objects. I pray that someone can help with a solution I would be very grateful. When I use the various types of coordinates LL84, or WGS 84 or SA-SIR-24S, the project is wrong in relation to objects. When connecting the Base Jump, the same shown in the correct project.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jackie.ng
in reply to: tulio.paz

In AIMS/MapGuide, your data will only line up with Google/Bing/OSM if the coordinate system of the Map Definition referenced by the Flexible Layout is in WGS84.PseudoMercator

In any other coordinate system, your data will not line up.

I have not used BaseJump, but I presume it does not have such limitations

- Jackie

Message 3 of 6
tulio.paz
in reply to: jackie.ng

I can not understand why this limitation. If you view the work as Base Jump, will wonder why the Infrastructure Map Server does not work the same way. It is a pity that. It is easier for a user to recognize the usual coordinate system WGS84 your country.

Túlio Paz

Message 4 of 6
jackie.ng

This is because your viewing engine in MapGuide/AIMS is your web browser and not AutoCAD Map and unlike a desktop application such as AutoCAD Map, it cannot tap into powerful libraries like CS-Map to trasnform/re-project imagery and features in the browser.

Also, the reason you can get away with doing all of this in Base Jump for AutoCAD is because you're only consuming Microsoft Bing services (am I right?) and not Google Maps or OSM. Bing probably has more liberal terms of usage than Google Maps too thus giving Base Jump more flexibility in how to mash your data up with Bing's

When you want to have the ability to switch between Google/Bing/OSM on the web, you have to play by their lowest common denominator, which is that your data must be in WGS84.PseudoMercator. This is not a MapGuide/AIMS imposed requirement. It's a requirement imposed by the 3 mapping providers in order for you data to correctly line up in a web-based viewer

- Jackie

Message 5 of 6
foxeec

I think the key, regardless of which software you're using (Map or Mapguide/AIMS) is to make sure your data knows where it is in the world.
In Map, we are able to bring Bing in, no problem, because the dwg has an assigned CS, and Bing has an assigned CS, so it converts.

When we build layers in AIMS, the data is still in State plane coordinates; but when we create a new map, it gets assigned the WGS84pseudomerc....... coordinate system.
then, when we create a new web layourt, it points to the map, and we can add Bing as the background, and everything transforms as it should.

Lorrie

Message 6 of 6
tulio.paz
in reply to: foxeec

The problem is that I realize the error between different companies. Google, Yahoo and Bing. Maps to play on top of these connections, I see errors coordinates, showing objects still displaced, using the same coordinate system WGS84.PseudoMercator. For example, the Base Jump using Bing, the maps are molded correctly images. But in Infrestructure Map Server with the same errors are very large. Must be some problem in the software interface, because the display can be up on the web, but the management is on the map server.

Grate,

Túlio Paz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report