Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print A0 size Map

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
santosh.venkatesh
1570 Views, 12 Replies

Print A0 size Map

How can we print a big map using Autodesk Infrastructure Map Studio2014 (A0 size)?

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Do you mean mapserver? Which web layout are you using? If you are using basic layout you are in luck. If you are trying to use flexible layouts there is some kind of bug with the flexible layout stuff.

We modfied the quickplot.templ file to use different paper sizes.

John.

Message 3 of 13

In the QuickPlotPanel.templ (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Infrastructure Web Server Extension 2014\www\fusion\widgets\QuickPlot\)

around line 105, add the following to get A0 plotting:

<option value="841.0,1184.0,A0">A0 (841x1184 mm ; 33.11x46.61 In)</option>

A0_plot.png

Message 4 of 13

Thank you for the reply I will try changing the tmpl
Message 5 of 13
CHRISPAYNE6260
in reply to: gluckett

I added Gordon's Sheet size to QuickPlot and restarted Mapguide.

The Purple box looks good on the Screen however when I hit generate it creates a Blank Map inside the Map Area.

If I use Letter, Legal, Tabloid or 11x17 it works just fine but anything larger seeems to flake out.

Chris

Message 6 of 13

Hi Chris;

Are you using basic layouts or flexible layouts ? And also what browser are you using; I had to switch our endusers over to Firefox instead of IE becasue of issues with quick plottng. Also something else with fusion or flexible layouts in mapserver 2014 ..using the quick plot and or plotting to PDF does not work for any other sizes Except for what they have listed in the .templ file. And another note which we found out; print margins will make your quick plot print more than one page also. So make sure that your page sizes in the .templ file are smaller than the actuall paper size they are set up for.

Hope that helps ..if you want I can post what our .templ file looks like also.

John

Message 7 of 13
john.bendix

Hi Gordon, Not to highjack this post but....have you ever had issues with the quick plot tool printing a blank page even if the preview, etc all looks good? We are using Firefox for our browser?
Message 8 of 13
gluckett
in reply to: john.bendix

Yes, but then I realized that the quick plot does not include any of the google/bing layers. That might be the issue. Also, depending of the scale you choose, the layers might be set not to come on at that scale.
Message 9 of 13
john.bendix

Hi Gordon,

We dont use any google or bing backdrops for our GIS. The scale thing would make sense but the preview generated has a picture not blank.

We have numourous support requests with Autodesk on this matter. What we get is a d-size print with just the other stuff on it. This and our other problem was at first we would get three pages for on print. So we finally figure out that the print margins and also the printable area was to big in the templ file. So we actually set the Length and width about 1 inch smaller so it didnt force the x,y, coords and the printing at the bottomo to another page.

So it seems like autodesk has a few bugs with the quick plot in general. If you can think of anything at all that would cause this blank page syndrome please let me know.

Thanks John

Message 10 of 13
gluckett

On question, is this in AIMS 2014 or AIMS 2015? I noticed that 2015 fixes a few bugs.
Message 11 of 13
john.bendix

Hi Gordon,

This is AIMS 2014 , we have not made the switch yet. Do you know of any
other documentation on new features of AIM 2015.

Thanks John
Message 12 of 13
gluckett

There is a lot of overlap between AIMS 2015 and MapGuide 2.6. Have a look at Jackie's blog at:
http://themapguyde.blogspot.ca/2014/05/announcing-mapguide-open-source-26-beta.html
Message 13 of 13
katjaalbrecht

To modify the paper sizes for a basic layout in AIMS 2015 I had to edit C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Infrastructure Web Server Extension 2015\www\viewerfiles\quickplotpanel.templ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report