Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle point layer not selectable in AIMS 2012

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cmarkoh
750 Views, 3 Replies

Oracle point layer not selectable in AIMS 2012

I've started development in AIMS after years working with MG6.5. I'm trying to create a Point Layer in AIMS Studio 2012. The datasource was created using the "Autodesk FDO Provider for Oracle", then I created the layer pointing to that data resource and selected the Feature class which is my table POI_DATA with the fields FID and GEOM, this latter is the geometry field and the table has a primary key defined with the column FID. The table also contains some other columns as attributes.

After selecting my table POI_DATA as the Feature class I get a message "You're about to chenge to an incompatible data resource", after that I get a warning symbol in the Geometry field for the layer, I manually selected the GEOM column and the warning symbol disappeared. I noted that in the Style section appeared 3 "Preview Composit" columns, one for point, one for line and one for polygon. I was thinking this shouldn't happen since my table only contains Spatial objects defined with GTYPE 2001 and SRID 32718, that is no line or polygon objects in that table.

Finally after creating my map, when I preview the layer using the AJAX Web Layout the points are rendered but it is not possible to select them no matter that I set the layer as selectable. I also noted that the layer in the web layout appears as a multiple geometry type layer which I think that's why features cannot be selected.

I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hence_the_name
in reply to: cmarkoh

Hi,

have you looked at the MGOS discussion list? I think the issue is quite common and you might find a solution there or at least some ideas for further troubleshooting:

http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/MapGuide-Users-f4182607.html

First thing which comes to my mind is : have you a spatial index on the  table?

Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
Message 3 of 4
cmarkoh
in reply to: hence_the_name

Hi Rob,

Thank you very much for your answer, after reading som tips in the forum you provided for setting up the Oracle layer, I could make the objects to be selectable in the AJAX Viewer, however there is a minor detail that I couldn't find anywhere on the forum and is the fact the the Oracle point layer displays three styles, point, line and polygon, since my layer is referencing to only point SDO objects it should only show the point style, did it happened once to you?

My table has spatial index correctly created.

Thanks,

Marco

Message 4 of 4
jackie.ng
in reply to: cmarkoh

You might want to double check your spatial table metadata

FDO probably inferred from your spatial table metadata that your geometry could be of line/point/polygon even though you are only storing points in it.

- Jackie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report