Infrastructure Map Server General Discussion

Infrastructure Map Server General Discussion

DominicStratton2095
Message 1 of 2 (236 Views)

OGR FDO Provider for Personal Geodatabase

236 Views, 1 Replies
09-11-2009 06:55 AM
Hi all,

I've just downloaded the trial version of MapGuide Enterprise 2010 and have run into a couple of problems. Firstly I wasn't sure how to connect to a personal geodatabase so, after scouring the web, I found a PDF showing this being done in an earlier version of MapGuide Enterprise using the FDO Provider for OGR. When i went to do the same the (new>Data connection>) I found i didn't have the option of the 'OSGeo FDO Provider for OGR'. After further searching I learned I had to download the .dll for this provider (making sure it was the same version as the other providers) and register it in the 'provider' xml document here: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MapGuideEnterprise2010\Server\Bin\Fdo.

This i did, yet when I launch MapGuide Enterprise the 'FDO provider for OGR' is still not listed as a feature provider. Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong or what i could try to resolve this? Or even whether or not there's an alternative way of connecting to geodatabase data.

Any help is obviously gratefully received.

Many Thanks
Employee
dswilson
Message 2 of 2 (236 Views)

Re: OGR FDO Provider for Personal Geodatabase

09-11-2009 12:23 PM in reply to: DominicStratton2095
Did you restart your server after updating the providers.xml? You might also have to exit and restart Studio.

Dave

Dave Wilson
SQA Analyst
AEC IM
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community