Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OGR FDO Provider for Personal Geodatabase

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
DominicStratton2095
419 Views, 1 Reply

OGR FDO Provider for Personal Geodatabase

Hi all,

I've just downloaded the trial version of MapGuide Enterprise 2010 and have run into a couple of problems. Firstly I wasn't sure how to connect to a personal geodatabase so, after scouring the web, I found a PDF showing this being done in an earlier version of MapGuide Enterprise using the FDO Provider for OGR. When i went to do the same the (new>Data connection>) I found i didn't have the option of the 'OSGeo FDO Provider for OGR'. After further searching I learned I had to download the .dll for this provider (making sure it was the same version as the other providers) and register it in the 'provider' xml document here: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MapGuideEnterprise2010\Server\Bin\Fdo.

This i did, yet when I launch MapGuide Enterprise the 'FDO provider for OGR' is still not listed as a feature provider. Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong or what i could try to resolve this? Or even whether or not there's an alternative way of connecting to geodatabase data.

Any help is obviously gratefully received.

Many Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Did you restart your server after updating the providers.xml? You might also have to exit and restart Studio.

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums