Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Location in Mobile Viewer.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
maherich
1397 Views, 2 Replies

My Location in Mobile Viewer.

Hi,

we are testing the mobile viewer for our IMS projects. I have tried to use the My Location but it works very strange.

Using iPhone iOS 5.1, with Safari.

When I start My location then the first position is determined and marked on the map but the accuracy is round about 100m or more. It doesn't change like by the other maping apps. If I switch to other maping app (e.g. Geocaching) then the second shows much better accuracy instantly. If I switch back Mobile Viewer also imporve the accuracy but don't change my position as I am moving my self around and in couple of seconds bring the accuracy again to the 100m and more.

Are there any settings that we missed?

The blue circle that should indicate the accuracy also do not match the accuracy written in information window of mobile viewer.

Thanks for help,

Martin

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maherich
in reply to: maherich

Hi, the problem with accuracy was probably somewhere on the iPhone as now everything works well. But what I still recognize is the perimeter of accuracy that doesn't match the accuracy written in information part of the screen. I have found the library where are defined the whole "localization" functions. but I can't identify where is the perimeter circle calculated. Is there anyone who could help me on this? Martin
Message 3 of 3
gluckett
in reply to: maherich

In the uncompressed version, you can find it in:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Infrastructure Web Server Extension 2013\www\MobileViewer\lib\mobileviewer_control_geolocate.js

Around line 152:

var size = new OpenLayers.Size(accuracyPixels, accuracyPixels);

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report