Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure Command - 2009

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
313 Views, 4 Replies

Measure Command - 2009

Does anyone know how to make the measure command display results in feet rather than miles in version 2009.

Thanks,
Kristy
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
red3recon
in reply to: Anonymous

-=BUMP=-
I know the answer to this must be under my nose, I am frustrated by this. I tried the editing of the measure.templ and measure.aspx files, I can change the numbers themselves so that the readout is in feet, but I can’t change the label to say “Feet”
Message 3 of 5
red3recon

-=BUMP=-
I know the answer to this must be under my nose, I am frustrated by this. I tried the editing of the measure.templ and measure.aspx files, I can change the numbers themselves so that the readout is in feet, but I can’t change the label to say “Feet”
Message 4 of 5
dbailey

I am working with the same problem - I am able to change the conversion factor but haven't been able to change the display of the word "Miles".

The reference is in the measureui.templ under function ShowUnits(). There are many places in the php files which use the __#????#__ format. These look like php "magic constants" but I can't find a reference to these on the php website.

If you change __#MILES#__ in this function (ShowUnits() in measureui.templ) to __#FEET#__ you get no display - Just () so this must be some type of variable or constant as opposed to a literal value.

You can replace the "__#MILES#__" with "Feet" in the ShowUnits() function in measureui.templ and it will display (Feet) in the browser but I suspect this is bypassing some functionality of the constant. I have not tested it enough to know if this is an appropriate workaround.

I have also looked in common.php and constants.php for this reference but there is only one in common.php which is __FILE__ - this is listed on the php website as one of the "magic constants"

This format is used also for __#@font#__ and __#@fontsize#__ in the style section and __#RESUME#__ and __#STOP#__ in the same template file.

Maybe someone could explain the use of the __#????#__ and we could figure out how to change it from there.

David Bailey
Message 5 of 5
dbailey

If you use "__#DISTANCEFEET#__" in place of "__#MILES#__" in the ShowUnits() function of measureui.templ it will display (Feet) in the browser. I got the reference from bufferui.templ

Of course you still need to modify the conversion factor in measure.php to have it display the measurement in feet. (3.2808399 instead of .000621371192)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report