Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Markup example for Mapserver 2012

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
howard.thompson2
828 Views, 4 Replies

Markup example for Mapserver 2012

Good Day All!!! Has anyone tried to use the sharable markup example (I believe it was call gt.zip) that came out a few years ago with Mapserver 2012/2013?? I had downloaded this for use with Mapguide Enterprise 2009 and it worked great for what I was doing, but doesn't seem to work with Mapserver2012. I don't get any error messages, and I'm sure with the change to Mapserver there was some coding changes, but I was hoping someone has had success getting it to work, or using something similar for sharable markups. Thanks!!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gluckett
in reply to: howard.thompson2

Don't forget to make an authoring user in the administrator.
Markup - markup
for username and password
make sure your layout logs in with this user when you open the layout

Message 3 of 5
howard.thompson2
in reply to: gluckett

That was certainly part of my problem...I'm close to having this...but I'm getting an error listed below out of the Mapserver log files:

<2012-10-29T09:36:02>  4832 Ajax Viewer 140.139.196.103 Administrator
 Error: Failed to stylize layer: _howard33333
        The coordinate system initialization failed.
        Could not initialize the geodetic transformation.

I'm creating shp files and dwf files using Autodesk Map. I believe it doesn't like the coordinate system, but I've tried different ones to no avail.

Message 4 of 5
gluckett
in reply to: howard.thompson2

Yes, the definition of LL84 has changed (this is true for MGOS 2.4 too)

I had this issue before, find how I fixed it here:

http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/API-Change-in-MG-2-4-tt4996684.html#a4997139

Message 5 of 5
howard.thompson2
in reply to: gluckett

That did work for me!!! Thanks alot!!!!! One last question...this only works for data with a true coordinate system doesn't it?? I have some data that I published, but becasue it wasn't in a true coordinate system, I used the arbitrary XY-FT when I published my data, and the markup tool doesn't seem to work on that...but I have other data, with true coordinate systems, and it appears to work on that just fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report