Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapserver2014 keeps shutting down.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
behrboonabi
579 Views, 5 Replies

Mapserver2014 keeps shutting down.

I have a trial version of mapserver 2014 on a windows 8 server with 4 proccessors and 8 Gigs of ram. Installed using IIS and works flawlessy at lightening speed. Then, all of a sudden, it stops working and all I get is a layout template. I can restart the service, it works again, then it crashes again.

I have no idea where to start. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

Mapserver/AIMS creates log files. That might be a good point to start.

IIS/Apache do it as well. MS Windows Event Logs additionally.

Good luck, Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
Message 3 of 6
tony.witham
in reply to: behrboonabi

Hi,

We have similar problems.  Here is a post I put on Mapguide General in October:

"We are running AIMS 2014 on a server using Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Service Pack 1.  The server has dual 3.6GHz processors and 8Gb RAM.

Every now and again the AIMS 2014 service stops responding to the users, but we cannot identify what is causing the problem.  The error log does not show anything, and the service is still shown as running.

Other web sites on the same server continue working so we do not think there is any issue with IIS.

When we try to Restart the AIMS service Windows eventually reports that it cannot stop the service.  We are then able to Start the service and users can then browse as normal.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this problem?  We have AIMS 2013 running on the same server.  Might that be causing problems?"

We still have no solution.  One thing we found that helps (but is not a complete cure!) is that we are displaying a layer of vector mapping as 'background mapping' .  Setting the features so that they cannot be selected avoided one of the issues that seemed to be causing crashes - or if not an actual crash at least a very very long response time to a mouse click.

I hope someone can come up with some answers otherwise this product is too unstable to be considered for serious use.

Tony

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 6
jackie.ng
in reply to: tony.witham

Is this background layer coming from a relational database? If so, you want to double check the spatial indexing on the tables so that a simple click doesn't do something drastic like a full table scan for the selected features.

- Jackie

Message 5 of 6
tony.witham

Hi Jackie,

The background map is a shape file loaded to the repository as an SDF feature source

Tony

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 6
behr

I got it worked out finally.

It was the big hatches. I got rid of them and it works fine. We have 8 county taxlot files, county boundries, city boundries and a lot of OSP with data attached and it never goes down.

Throw in some hatches. 😕

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report