Infrastructure Map Server General

gm72
Message 1 of 4 (669 Views)

Mapguide 6.5 Modifying MWF Files

669 Views, 3 Replies
12-08-2011 12:47 PM

I am looking for a way to programatically modify mwf files. Specifically, I want to be able to load a map and change the Map Server Agent URL value on all of my layers within the MWF file.

I have been looking at the MGMapLayerSetup.getServerUrl method within the API but I'm not sure and cannot find any examples of how to implement this within a .NET application.

Are there any examples that you guys know of that can help me access this setting and modify the properties?

Thanks.

George

Valued Mentor
Message 2 of 4 (667 Views)

Re: Mapguide 6.5 Modifying MWF Files

12-08-2011 05:40 PM in reply to: gm72

Save them as MWX files (via Author or Dynamic Authoring Toolkit) and edit the XML content using your XML document API of choice.

- Jackie

gm72
Message 3 of 4 (659 Views)

12-09-2011 09:46 AM in reply to: jackie.ng

Thanks for the reply. Is the Dynamic Authoring Toolkit on the CD for 6.5 or where is the best place I can get hold of the installation for this?

I assumed that it should be converted to mwx first, I have been converting manually in the past, so this helps clear up the confusion. I wanted to make sure there was not a direct way to interface to the map using the API.

Valued Mentor
Message 4 of 4 (653 Views)

12-11-2011 05:29 PM in reply to: gm72

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community