Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MapGuide Studio 2007 und Mapguide Server 1.0.1 - is ist possible?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Peter65
457 Views, 7 Replies

MapGuide Studio 2007 und Mapguide Server 1.0.1 - is ist possible?

Hello,

is it possible to use MapGuide Studio 2007(1.0.0.17804) and MapGuide Server (open source) 1.0.1 together?

Because some fixes I'd like to use the new version of MapGuide Server. So I have uninstalled MapGuide Enterprise and installed MapGuide Server + Extensions from open source. But the studio did not find the server. What is wrong?

Thanks in advance - Peter
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
bill.dhimitri
in reply to: Peter65

Hi Peter,

Yes, version 1.0.0.17804 (which is the commercially released version) of MapGuide Studio 2007 is fully compatible with MapGuide Open Source Server and Web Extensions version 1.0.0 and 1.0.1.

If you are not able to get Studio to connect to the server, you can try these steps to help determine the cause:

1. Enter a URL like this into your web browser: http://servername/mapguide/mapagent/index.html or http://servername:port/mapguide/mapagent/index.html. The result should be a web page that has a list of service APIs in the upper left, starting with "Resource service API".

2. If step 1 above does not work, check to ensure that the mgserver.exe process is running, and the your web server process is running. If step 1 above does work, then check the spelling of the site adress that you are supplying to Studio.

Bill
Message 3 of 8
Peter65

Hi Bill,

thank you very much. Yes, it works :-). I suppose, that my IP-adres was false.

Peter
Message 4 of 8
isimpkins

From your reply
------------------------000000000000----------------------------
Yes, version 1.0.0.17804 (which is the commercially released version) of MapGuide Studio 2007 is fully compatible with MapGuide Open Source Server and Web Extensions version 1.0.0 and 1.0.1.
------------------------000000000000----------------------------

Is this (as I imagine it is) compatible with MapGuide Open Source Server and Web Extensions version 1.1.0.

When trying to login I get:
The Studio version is incompatible with the site version.

I tried the SP1 (mg7_studio_sp1.exe) which did not go smoothly.

Reported error 1328, that file C:\Config.Msi\pt7d.tmp could not be patched. ..... Contact your patch vendor.

I am using the studio in the 'free 60 days mode'

Any help on this would be much appreciated,
Ivar
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:46:40 -0800, isimpkins wrote:

> When trying to login I get:
> The Studio version is incompatible with the site version.

A patch for this is available at <>
https://mapguide.osgeo.org/downloads.html#links-1.1.x >.

--
James Card
Message 6 of 8
isimpkins

Thanks James for your reply,
Don't seem to see the patch name in your reply.

We are talking VERSION
MapGuide Open Source 1.1.0
I hope,

Thanks for any help,

Ivar
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:09:08 -0800, isimpkins wrote:

> Don't seem to see the patch name in your reply.

If you have an evaluation version of Studio, you will need to do the
following:

Download the new Autodesk.MapGuide.Studio.Site.dll from <>
http://download.osgeo.org/mapguide/patches/mapguidestudio/1.1.0/Autodesk.MapGuide.Studio.Site.PatchedDLL.zip
> (md5: 58aa5c890ad91e7df34801e54abf25d8).

Unzip the file to the Studio install location.

Once the patch is installed, Studio will be able to communicate with both
1.0 (MapGuide Enterprise or MapGuide Open Source) and 1.1 servers.

--
James Card
Message 8 of 8
isimpkins

Many thanks James, once again, if you cannot read, you have these problems. Looking more closely at http://mapguide.osgeo.org/downloads.html you see exactly what you suggested.

Extract:
Note: The released MapGuide Studio will disallow connecting to the MapGuide Open Source 1.1 server with a "The Studio version is incompatible with the site version" error dialog. To resolve this issue use one of the following methods:

If you have a licensed version of Studio download and install the patch (md5: cde783d5207ec22d11fcc185825fde72). The patch will work on both the released and SP1 versions of Studio 2007. (If you overwrote the Autodesk.MapGuide.Studio.Site.dll file for RC1 and need to get the original file back, it is available here md5: 92839a0fc3b87541f23adaf4d836f2ed.)

If you have an evaluation version of Studio, you will need to do the following:

1. Download the new Autodesk.MapGuide.Studio.Site.dll from here (md5: 58aa5c890ad91e7df34801e54abf25d8).
2. Unzip the file to the Studio install location.

Once the patch is installed, Studio will be able to communicate with both 1.0 (MapGuide Enterprise or MapGuide Open Source) and 1.1 servers.

It works just as you said,
Many thanks again, and now for some EXCITING testing
Ivar

PS Have been working and developing with MG since its birth a few years back now and 'What a product'
Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report