Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MapGuide (AIMS) layer definition to AutoCAD Map?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
gluckett
1785 Views, 4 Replies

MapGuide (AIMS) layer definition to AutoCAD Map?

Hi all,

has anyone come across a routine to convert the MapGuide Layer definition into a Map 3D layer definition  *.layer (or at least part-way)

I have 2,000 layers Authored in AIMS that point to SQL Server that I would love to view in Map 3D without having to re-author all 2,000.

Anyone have any ideas?  Cut and paste 2,000 files in notepad?

gordon

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Daniel.Du
in reply to: gluckett

If I recall correctly, layder definition is a subset of *.layer file, so it should be possible to convert layer definition to layer file programmatically. 

I will check with development team and let you if I have further information to share.

Daniel Du
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 5
gluckett

Thanks Daniel, it would be great to modify the Layer XML in AIMS/MapGuide to correspond to the Layer XML in AutoCAD Map 3D!

Message 4 of 5
jackie.ng

Some published specs on the .layer format would be nice.

All I could get out of it is that it's some mish-mash of a Layer Definition and a Feature Source in a RDF document shell with some inline binary blobs for storing any configuration documents.

- Jackie

Message 5 of 5
Daniel.Du
in reply to: jackie.ng

BTW, it is possible to get/set the XML representation of layer definition in AIMS and Map 3D using MgResourceService.

So we can retrieve the layer definition in AIMS and put it back into Map 3D with resource service.

Does this help? 

Daniel Du
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report