Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MapGuide 6.5 on Win server 2008

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
gporta
1737 Views, 4 Replies

MapGuide 6.5 on Win server 2008

Hi to all,
has anyone installed autodesk mapguide 6.5 on windows server 2008 ? I have from installation setup the request to install MDAC 2.8 but win server 2008 have 6.0 version already installed .... so dont' be able to start installation.
Has anyone any suggest about that ?
Hi and thank's in advanced
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ouzo
in reply to: gporta

Hi,
did you find a solution for this problem ?

If so, please post it here.
Message 3 of 5
emluv

Hi,

Our department is currently looking at installing 6.5 on Windows Server 2008 as well. Is this possible?

Thanks!
emluv
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

On 30/03/2010 10:33 AM, elamunyon wrote:
> Our department is currently looking at installing 6.5 on Windows Server 2008 as well. Is this possible?

Nope. MapGuide requires MDAC, and it isn't present on Windows 2008 (was
superseded by WDAC).
Message 5 of 5
dmaidlow

Hi there,

I've just finished installing Mapguide 6.5 SP1 on Windows 2008 server and IIS7.  The process may not be for the feint of heart.  It involved a bit of hackery like modifying the windows installer package to remove the MDAC pre-requisite as well as a little fun getting the ISAPI working on IIS 7.  I've documented the process on my blog thing.

http://www.geospecialling.com/index.php/2011/10/installing-mapguide-6-5-sp1-on-windows-2008-server/

hopefully this comes in handy for someone, sorry I was a couple of years late 🙂

darrin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report