Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map Security / Access

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CraigPalmer
642 Views, 2 Replies

Map Security / Access

While we could produce seperate maps and handle security for each one differently, I've been asked to investigate the possibility of layer-based security, where certain layers would only be available to those with the relevant clearance. Has anyone else done this? Is this even possible with MGE?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
soudemans
in reply to: CraigPalmer

Craig,

Did you ever get your question answered.  I am about to post a similar one, though I am hesitating on account that your post did not receive an answer, and it has been posted for over a year!

Message 3 of 3
gluckett
in reply to: CraigPalmer

There are many ways to approach security:

1. You can store users into he Autodesk MapGuide Enterprise Administrator "http://localhost/mapguide2011/mapadmin/login.php" and secure the maps using MapGuide Studio.Then use the MAPS widget in Flexible Web Layout to point to the maps.

2. The on way I like requires some code changes to mapguide itself.  I like to send a parameter "mgmapresourceid"  but you need to change FUSION (FWL) using the changes here.  http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/ticket/65 

The change asks you to change the ApplicationDefinition.js file..But you will have to change the  fusionSF-compressed.js instead because that is the default one that the Flexible Web Layouts use.

Once you have done that you can pass the map name to the url.

Then you change the security of your page to check the user and pass the map name you store in a database or something to secure the maps they can see.

regards

gordon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report