Infrastructure Map Server General

PascalFRANCOIS6037
Message 1 of 2 (398 Views)

MGE 2011: Data Connection SHP / TAB on a remote server

398 Views, 1 Replies
07-05-2012 11:36 PM

Hello,

I want to make a data connection type SHP or tab to a remote server. To access the remote server, I tested the UNC address and the network drive common to all the organism.

MGE runs with local system account that was added to the LDAP group with the rights in full control on the remote server (only the data relevant directory).

For SHP, so I created a new alias in the serverconfig.ini then restart the service. In MapGuide Studio, when creating a new data connection SHP, I do not see the alias that I just created.

I tried the following recipe: create an alias as a shortcut to the existing remote server: the same result.

With the OGR provider, when I test the connection, I have the following error message:

An exception occurred in FDO component.
Connect failed:

Can you point to with MGE 2011 data on remote servers? If yes, what should I do?

Thank you in advance.

Bianca

Valued Mentor
Message 2 of 2 (387 Views)

Re: MGE 2011: Data Connection SHP / TAB on a remote server

07-08-2012 07:13 PM in reply to: PascalFRANCOIS6037

Is your alias pointing to a share (\\servername\share) or a folder inside the share (\\servername\share\foldername) ?

- Jackie

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community